<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004


15 songs 


A game a few other bloggers are playing lately: set your MP3 player on random and then confess to the first 15 tunes it turns up.

My entirely unenlightening results are as follows:

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - The White Stripes

Tender - Blur

The Long Honeymoon (Instrumental Piano Demo) - Elvis Costello

Airportman - R.E.M.

Couldn't Love You More - John Martyn

Tombstone - Crowded House

Wave A White Flag - Elvis Costello

Goodbye To Carolina - Lyle Lovett

Free To Run - Gomez

Pressure Zone - Beck

Fine Lines - John Martyn

Goon Squad - Elvis Costello

Experimental Music Love - The Magnetic Fields

I Think You Know What I Mean - Lyle Lovett

Generals And Majors - XTC


Comments:
This is fun. I don't keep a blog so you'll have to be my dumping ground. My list ranged from very cool to indescribably naff, with stops along the way at terminally obscure, positively archaic and downright embarrassing:

Instant Mashed Potato - Chris Knox
Sweety Sue - Bix Beiderbecke
We Were Wrong - The Bonzo Dog Band
Cool As Kim Deal - The Dandy Warhols
I Love My Leather Jacket - The Chills
Bride Of Frankenstein - Toy Love
Bass - Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians
St. Elmo's Fire - Brian Eno
If I Can't Change Your Mind - Sugar
Stone Circles 'n' You - Julian Cope
Happy Days & Lonely Nights - Charlie Fry & His Million Dollar Pier Orchestra
High Life - Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
West of the Fields - REM
Sexthinkone - Shriekback
Insect Mother - Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians

 
Hello Roger. Have to admit there are only 3 tunes on your list I could claim to recognise (the REM, the Sugar and one of the Hitchcocks... am I right in thinking that the last line of Bass is something like "unless of course you were a loaf of bread" or have I gone entirely mental?). But I've at least heard of all but 3 of the artists.

I was rather hoping my own list would be rather more "terminally obscure, positively archaic and downright embarrassing" than it was but in the event it was mainly stuck firmly in the middleground of my taste - nothing I'm ashamed of but... well come on, 236 Tom Waits tracks to choose from and my Mac ignores them all. What was it thinking?

 
No, wait, I remember now...

He'd never make love to a loaf of bread
Unless of course he found one in his bed

Something like that anyway.

 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?